Our developer is specially formulated to activate our permanent colour cream and is blended with Limanthes Albra Seed oil.
Limanthes Alba Seed Oil is used in hair and cosmetics products due to its moisturising properties and ability to hydrate and rejuvenate skin. It is a stable oil which is suitable for use on sensitive skin.
We use a 20 vol developer which can achieve colour changes up to two colour levels.
Developer lifts and opens the cuticle layer of the hair enough for the colour pigments in the colour cream to enter and penetrate the hair shaft, leaving a permanent, long-lasting colour result.
Our developer can also be used as a pre-softening treatment to achieve 100% colour coverage on even the most stubborn, colour-resistant greys.
Our developer is pre-measured in sachets at the correct ratio to activate a single tube of our permanent colour cream.
Pre-softening is a salon technique which involves applying developer (and then removing it) before applying the colour mixture. Colour-resistant greys typically have a tougher, coarser, more tightly packed external cuticle layer, which is difficult for the colour pigments to penetrate. Pre-softening literally softens the tougher grey hair cuticles, raising the cuticle slightly so that the colour pigments can enter and be permanently deposited in the hair shaft.
- Use one sachet of developer only for pre-softening
- Open developer sachet into mixing bowl
- Apply developer directly to your stubborn greys using the tint brush. Use your hair dryer to apply a little heat for about a minute to activate the developer, and allow the developer to process for 15 minutes.
- Blot developer off with a damp towel (or rinse out and dry off hair).
- Apply colour mixture as usual, adding extra colour to the areas of regrowth, leaving the colour in for 45 minutes, before rinsing, shampooing and conditioning hair.
Please use the additional developer sachet only for pre-softening. Our developer sachets have been precisely measured to activate the colour at the correct ratio, and a full sachet of developer is required to correctly activate one colour tube.
Ingredients: Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Oxyquinoline Sulfate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Phosphoric Acid, Etidronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum.