- 100% pure Tsubaki oil pressed from the seeds of the Camellia Japonica flower
- Deeply nourishing nutrient-rich oil
- High in anti-oxidants
- Light-weight and rapidly absorbed dry oil
- Restores shine, strength and softness
- Does not contain fragrance, colourant, paraben, silicon and mineral oil
- Made in Japan
- Suitable for sensitive skin
Tsubaki oil has is rich in oleic acid, proteins and glycerides, which are essential to keeping hair healthy, stronger and shinier. Its deeply restorative properties replenish moisture, smooth the hair cuticles without weighing hair down, restoring softness, strength and shine.
It is particularly beneficial to counter-act any drying effects of hair colouring, and to restore moisture, condition and strength to over-processed hair. Regular use will also prevent breakage and split ends and ease scalp itchiness.
Tsubaki oil is a dry oil which has no scent or stickiness and can be used on the hair, scalp and skin.
- Softens, strengthens and moisturises hair
- Restore hair’s natural sheen
- Smoothes hair cuticles without weighing hair down
- Makes hair shiny and helps to prevent split ends
- Strengthens the hair and reduces breakage and split ends
- Relieves dry scalp and dandruff
- Treats hair damage from lightening, straightening or colouring
- Intensely nourishes and moisturises the skin
Tsubaki oil has high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), which enable it to deeply penetrate the hair shaft. Tsubaki oil is 86% Oleic fatty acids (Omega-9), a component of human sebum, which is readily absorbed by the skin and hair and which enhances hair’s strength, softness, shine and ability to retain moisture.
It also contains high levels of polyphenol antioxidants, Omega 6 and vitamins A, D, C, & E (Tocopherol) making it excellent for skin and hair conditioning properties.
Using Tsubaki Oil
All hair textures and types can use Tsubaki oil as a pre-wash and thermal oil treatment. It can also be used post-wash or used for styling, depending on your hairs texture and needs.
Pre-wash treatments will provide strength and intense hydration:
- Apply a 10-20 drops throughout your hair.
- Leave the oil in for 30 minutes (or longer).
- Clip your hair up when you are in the shower and let the steam from the shower open your cuticles so the oil can penetrate the hair.
- Double-shampoo when showering to thoroughly clean your hair. Use your regular quantity of shampoo for the first shampoo application and half as much the second time you shampoo; the first shampoo breaks down the oils and the second shampoo will completely lift them out, leaving your hair feeling amazing.
Thermal oil treatment:
Thermal Tsubaki oil treatments are deeply absorbed by the hair and are the most effective and beneficial way to use tsubaki oil.
Enjoy a luxurious, deeply moisturising and strengthening Tsubaki thermal oil treatment:
- Apply a 10-20 drops into hair before washing hair.
- Cover with a plastic shower cap, and cover with a warm thermal cap for 30 minutes
- Double-shampoo and rinse as usual.
The heat added from your thermal cap will gently lift the cuticle of your hair, which will improve the absorption of the oil and the benefits.
Hair which is thicker, textured or curly is typically thirstier and will respond well to several drops patted through towel dried hair after washing. Applying oil directly will moisturise the hair, leaving a smoother, shinier finish.
- Towel dry hair after washing.
- Put a 1-2 drops of Tsubaki oil into your palms and spread well.
Pay special attention to hair ends; they tend to be drier and more subject to breakage and damage.
Use Tsubaki oil primarily as a pre-wash or thermal treatment. Use just a drop or two on the ends of your damp hair to seal the cuticles and impart shine for styling. Avoid applying oil to your roots.
Dry hair or scalp
Pat a few drops of oil through hair which lacks moisture for a nice natural shine. Massage the scalp with oil on your fingertips to relieve a dry itchy scalp.
Use Tsubaki oil as a styling product by patting 2-4 drops through the ends and lengths of damp hair before blow-drying or to reduce frizz and fly-aways.
Apply Tsubaki Oil to a dry location and rub it in lightly. The 100% pure Tsubaki oil provides an intensely nourishing and moisturising effect. Tsubaki oil is one of the most rapidly absorbed plant oils. Regular use will promote skin elasticity, moisturize, hydrate, and improve your complexion.
For best results, Tsubaki oil should be used within 12 months.