Whether your hair is dry and damaged, or you want to prevent damage and strengthen the condition of your hair, using a thermal cap with your oil or conditioning treatments will optimise your results and give you beautiful, shiny, stronger, and well-nourished locks.
The strategic implementation of heat is the secret behind many successful in-salon conditioning treatments.
Using a Thermal Heat cap;
- Will dramatically improve the absorption and maximise the benefits of conditioning and oil treatments
- Are suitable for all hair types and textures
- Are reuseable and flaxseed filled and ship with a reuseable plastic liner cap.
- Retain enough heat for a 20-45 minute treatment
Using heat during your conditioning or colour treatment softens and lifts the hair cuticles, allowing the hair to fully absorb the benefits of the treatment or colour that you apply.
Thermal Heat cap benefits:
Improved Deep Conditioning – Deep conditioning and oil treatments are the best way to nourish and rebuild the structure and condition of damaged hair. Most products have only a superficial effect on the exterior of the hair and do not penetrate the outer cuticle layer of the hair. Absorption is restricted by the cuticle layers which forms the outermost part of the hair follicle.
Hairdressers understand this and strategically apply heat during in-salon treatments which softens and lifts the hair cuticles. This allows better absorption of the nourishing benefits of oil or conditioner, dramatically improving the result of your treatment and leading to stronger, more resilient hair.
Our Thermal Care cap will help you get more out of the treatment you are using and are particularly helpful if you have coloured or dull, dry, damaged, or fragile hair which is prone to split ends and breakage.
Stronger, healthier hair is less likely to split or break, allowing it to maintain the length as it grows. Application of gentle heat to the scalp with the thermal cap will also stimulate an increase in blood flow to the scalp, which can support hair growth. The best approach to healthier hair and shiny, nourished locks is to use a thermal cap together with your deep conditioning or oil treatment.
Using Your Thermal Heat Cap for conditioning treatments:
- Shampoo your hair only and gently towel dry.
- Apply your treatment conditioner or oil.
- Place a protective plastic cap on your hair.
- Put thermal heat cap into the microwave for 30-45 seconds on each side with the cap’s elastic facing up. Repeat three times, removing the cap to flip it inside out per interval. Do not exceed a combined total of 3 minutes.
- If additional heat is desired, continue following the above flipping method, until your desired heat level is achieved.
- Place the heated cap on your head, on top of the plastic cap for 30 minutes for an oil or conditioning treatment
- Remove your thermal cap and give your hair a few minutes to cool before hopping back in the shower to wash out your treatment
- Oil treatments: Double-shampoo using your usual amount of shampoo for the first wash, then wash again with half the amount of shampoo. Condition as usual.
- Rinse conditioning treatments thoroughly.
- Rinse your plastic shower cap in the shower and keep it to reuse
- Use weekly or fortnightly for best results.