More of us are realising that a kinder, gentler relationship with our hair is better. Healthy hair looks its best and retains colour better than dull, dry, over-processed damaged hair.
Soft, shiny, strong locks with a beautiful colour that works for you is the end goal.
Using heated styling tools and products with unnecessary harsh ingredients can leave your hair frail and dry. Restoring hydration, strength and condition to your hair will let it perform at its best.
To embrace a healthier relationship with your hair, look for products which are free from unnecessary, harsh chemicals. Shampoo and hair products without SLS, parabens, phthalates and alcohol are best as these chemicals can all dry and weaken your hair.
Strategic product placement can avoid over-lapping colour and unnecessary processes and help you maintain fabulous colour and condition too. Using our Colour Perfection colouring approach, you apply permanent colour (20 or 27 vol developer) only at your roots, boosting tone, colour and shine in your lengths with a gentle semi-permanent colour or toner. This way each section of hair only undergoes one permanent colour application. The result is fresh colour and beautifully strong, healthy hair.
Top Tips for Healthy Hair
- Avoid damaging and drying your hair. Reduce or eliminate styling with heated styling tools, excessing lightening processes, and alcohol-based styling products. Preventing hair damage is cheaper, easier and faster than repairing damaged hair.
- A trim every 6 weeks will remove damaged ends. You can be in and out of the salon in less than half an hour for a simple cut.
- Get a bit fussy with your products. Look for PPD, parabens, phthalates and ammonia free colour to avoid unnecessary exposure to harsh chemicals which can have unwanted health effects.
- Try the Colour Perfection colouring approach, developed to give you both amazing colour coverage and condition. Add permanent colour only where you need it, at your regrowth, and boost tone and colour in your lengths with semi-permanents only. This will spare your lengths from colour build-up, prevent darker and duller colour results, while treading very gently on your hair to preserve its condition.
- Super-charge the health of your hair. Coloured hair needs extra support and hydration. The colouring process opens and closes the hair cuticles to deposit colour, and during this process some moisture escapes from the hair. Our favourite treatments are our thermal Tsubaki oil and Repair Mask treatments, used weekly or fortnightly. Tsubaki oil is rich in Oleic acids, proteins and nutrients which are deeply absorbed into the hair when used with a thermal heat cap. The results are transformative – softer, stronger, shinier, deeply nourished hair. Our Repair Mask is free from all nasties, filled with organic botanicals and is made with ingredients which are 99.5% natural origin. Used as a weekly treatment it will repair damaged hair, restoring moisture, strength, softness and shine to your locks.
- Our salon-grade formula delivers multi-dimensional colour at home while avoiding some harsh and outdated chemicals. Using products with a healthier ingredient profile will improve the health and condition of your hair.
So easy to apply! No head soreness or itching during or post colouring. The mahogany brown is vibrant and gives my hair a beautiful healthy luster!!!L. Booker
To say I’m happy is an understatement! I’m obsessed! It ticks all the boxes; easy to use, perfect customer service, no animal testing, gentle on my hair and very affordable! Thank you to the team at The Shade!! Well done! 5 Stars!!!!!M. Zurak
Great product! Very easy to apply with no chemical smell. I love the colour and how healthy my hair looks and feels. Also excellent customer service.D. Said
Your hair dye is incredible!!! Couldn’t be happier with quality and results. Doesn’t leave an overwhelming fragrance on your hair afterwards. My hair looks and feels healthy.I. Refugio