If you’ve ever wondered how you can colour the back of your hair by yourself, you’re not alone.
The good news – with a few steps straight from the salon, you can master this move, really!
Here’s our Top Tips to Colour the Back of Your Hair:
- Section your hair into the colourists classic hot cross bun: Divide the hair along your centre part, then divide the hair again with a line from ear to ear.
- Twist and clip the hair in each section with the clips provided in your set of salon accessories.
- Unclip the first back section of hair. Start by applying colour to your part lines, making sure to massage the colour into your hair.
- Unclip the second back section repeat this process with the second back section, applying colour along the part and hairline.
- Starting at top of the back section, apply colour in small slices of hair as you work your way down, using your fingers to massage the colour in as you go.
So, as with many things in life, a little bit of knowledge and preparation goes a long way. Just follow these 5 simple steps for professional, even, beautiful, spot-free colour even in the trickiest of places.
I was after a colour close to my own hair colour so that any regrowth would be less obvious. I am very happy with the dark blonde shade. It covered the few greys I had and looks like my natural hair colour. It was super easy to do myself and it was my first time dying my own hair.E. Mansell
I tried The Shade on the recommendation of a friend. It was easy to submit my query and photo and I received my colour consultation in no time. Communication regarding the delivery of my order was excellent and I received it promptly. I was SO impressed with the product. It was so easy to use and I was beyond delighted with the result. The colour looks great and my hair feels amazing. I’m so pleased that I won’t be going back to salon colouring.M. Farren